Starting from the basis that in the field of finance we find every day new modalities that were unthinkable a couple of years ago, for example: in the art world, more and more companies are approaching in search of a better one. an image that not only helps them in the institutional aspect, but also gives them a clear and real prestige before society itself.
In Argentina, the Patronage law is changing the way companies view their investment in art and other cultural expressions.
Developed countries have been promoting private investment in these areas for years and companies have discovered that not only do they obtain immediate tax revenue, but that in the long term they create stronger ties with the community and with their clients, translating into a real increase in income. your sales and a better workforce
The decision to invest in art was generally made by Marketing or Public and Institutional Relations areas. With the approval of the Patronage Law, this decision became directly related to the financial area.
The creation of a foundation or the purchase of works of art for the creation of Mini-Gallery will have an impact that not only the financial management will be able to determine, both due to the tax consequences and the strategic implications of the decision to invest in educational activities that they are making a path in the field of culture in Buenos Aires.
The first obstacle that the Company will have to face is the lack of contact with the art world, and the traditional distancing that exists with initiatives related to cultural activities.
The steps to follow that the NGO Mil Obras de Arte recommends are the following:
- Determine why the company wants to invest in art
- Begin to know the local artistic expressions.
- Determine which organizations specialized in Art are the ones that most closely match the business profile.
- Connect to those organizations that meet your objectives.
- Create a communication strategy.
Our experience, and that of our “Advisor”, the Palermo H Art Gallery, indicates that once companies begin to participate in cultural events, a very special relationship is generated with the artistic environment and people’s response to companies is so positive that immediately at the managerial level they begin to analyze new projects to continue being part of this type of initiative.
A common fear on the part of management is not having enough projects that match the company’s profile to justify their participation in these activities. However, the project selection process can be hard work, due to the number of projects to consider, not the lack of them.
One of the ways to carry out this type of undertaking is through strategic alliances with organizations such as our NGO Mil Obras de Arte MOArt.
Fundamentally because in it we have a department dedicated exclusively to evaluating, planning and specifying “turnkey” functions for companies to channel their donations and initiatives. These “tailor-made” functions have the advantage of concentrating the very good ideas that may arise within the different areas of the company and developing those that best reflect the institutional objectives.
A very common mistake is to believe that this type of strategic alliance implies a large-scale structure. Normally those that we specialize in organizing, and then advising, can be managed by a single person, but we clarify that we are talking about being a Patron of something as special as the plan of the Mini-Pinacotecas of the State Kindergartens . In this and other cases, a single person can manage ongoing projects and can physically share resources with the original structure.
Ways companies can participate in the art world:
In addition to the fact that the main companies in the country are associating themselves as Patrons to the Plan for the Creation of Art Gallery, the NGO Mil Obras de Arte also encourages and supports:
- Donating products and services: By donating products and services, companies can reach a larger customer base, generate sales, and create business contacts.
- Offer company space for artistic exhibitions, conferences and events.
- Design and print brochures, invitations, programs, posters and materials for the press promoting exhibitions and exhibitions.
- Incorporate artists, organizations and works of art as elements of the companies.
- Develop promotions associated with art.
- Use invitations to exhibitions, exhibitions and other activities, as business gifts or prizes for your employees.
- Organize art competitions (either for established artists, emerging artists or students of different levels).
We appreciate the courtesy of your reading, leave us your comment.